MAMA Academy: Pregnancy Essentials Leaflets
- Reduced Fetal Movements
- When to call the midwife
English, Turkish, Polish, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Chinese, Welsh
NHS England: Maternity Safety Information
- If you are pregnant and Black, Black British or Asian, Asian British – you might be more vulnerable.
- Trust your instincts – call your midwife or maternity team anytime if you are worried about your pregnancy or if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- It is safe to attend for your care and appointments during the pandemic.
- Is your mood ok? Who to speak to if it is not ok.
- What to do if you miss an appointment.
- Signs of labour and what to do if you think you are in labour.
- What to do if you have signs and symptoms of pre-eclampsia.
- The importance of taking Vitamin D.
- Feeling safe in your own home and how to find support if you don’t.
- Looking after you and your unborn baby.
Amharic, Arabic, Bangla, Farsi, French, Hindi, Kurdish Sorani, Somali, Spanish, Tigrinya, Urdu
NHS Scotland: Ready Steady Baby
English, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Polish, Russian and Urdu
Public Health England: Screening tests for you and your baby
- Screening choices during pregnancy
- Screening choices after pregnancy
Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Somali, Urdu
Obstetric Anaesthetists’ Association: Labour Pains
- Pain relief
- Caesarean Section
- Epidural Information
- BMI complications
Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, English, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Tamil, Turkish, Urdu, Welsh
Feeding your baby
UNICEF: Breastfeeding and Bottle-feeding
- Basics of feeding
- Responding to baby
Arabic, Bengali, Polish, Romanian,Urdu
Screening for mum and baby
- Hearing tests and screening for you and baby
Bengali, French, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Chinese, Arabic, Somali, Romanian, Urdu
Complications in Pregnancy
Royal College of Psychiatrists: Mental Health
- Mental illness after childbirth
Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, German, French, Greek, Hindi, Japanese, Lithuanian, Gujarati, Polish, Russian, Romanian, Somali, Turkish, Urdu
ForMed Films: Perinatal Positivity
- Perinatal mental health
Arabic with subtitles
Action on Pre-Eclampsia: Pre-eclampsia and postnatal recovery
- Information and support regarding pre-eclampsia
Albanian, Bengali, Chinese, Croatian, Farsi, French, Greek, Gujurati, Hindi, Kurdish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Somali, Spanish, Tamil, Turkish, Twi, Urdu, Vietnamese and Welsh.
Diabetes UK: Information about Diabetes
- Diet, treatment and prevention
Arabic, Bengali, BSL, Gujarati, Polish, Punjabi, Somali, Tamil, Urdu and Welsh.
More resources checked by Diabetes UK from the Australian website: Pregnancy and Diabetes
- Living with diabetes
Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Greek, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
Miscarriage Association: We are sorry that you had a miscarriage
- Facts and feelings
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Molar pregnancy
Arabic, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Polish, Punjabi, Turkish and Urdu.
Sands: Bereavement Support Book
- Giving birth
- Support for fathers
- Remembering your baby
- Saying goodbye
- Returning to work
Now available in Arabic, Polish and Chinese.
Bristol Against Violence and Abuse: FGM leaflets
The website also offers information and support about trafficking and domestic violence and can be translated into most languages via their website.
Arabic, Somali and French.
Marie Stopes: Abortion / Medical Termination
Support for those families who have to make the difficult decision to end a pregnancy.
Click on the top corner dropdown to have the website read in over 100 languages.
Document created by Laura Bridle RM (NMC) in response to findings from an MSc qualitative research project exploring the barriers and facilitators to using language support services.