Whenever this policy is updated, we will notify our supporters in the Charity News section of our website.
If you believe any information MAMA Academy holds on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email as soon as possible to email@example.com. Any inaccuracies will be corrected as soon as possible.
Information we collect
We will obtain personal information from you when you enquire about our activities, register with us, fundraise for us, make a donation to us or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from one of your family members, friends or colleagues, who wants to tell you about the Charity or its website.
The types of information collected might include: names, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number credit/debit card details. If you tell us that you are contacting the charity in a professional capacity, for example as a health professional, we may also collect this information.
If you provide us with sensitive personal data, such as about your medical history, we will seek your specific consent to retain such data and give you specific additional information about our proposed use of that data.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- send you, if you opt in to receive them, promotional emails about midwifery and pregnancy news, events organised by us and others, campaigns and appeals. You can change your mind and opt out of these communications at any time. If we write to you by post and you have not opted in to receive information by post, we will explain the reasons why we believe we have legitimate interest to contact you.
- fulfil your requests – such as applications to participate in campaigns or events.
- process sales transactions, donations, or other payments and verify financial transactions.
- handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders.
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites – this could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users.
- record any contact we have with you.
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them and to enable us to improve our services and support. This research may be carried out internally by our employees or we may ask another company to do this work for us. We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Storing your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, only authorised personnel are allowed to access user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
You will be notified when your period of marketing contact is coming to an end. You will be given the option to opt in to a further period of marketing contact.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies at any time, if you prefer. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org