MAMA Academy is a stillbirth prevention charity working alongside The Royal College of Midwives with the aim of helping babies arrive safely. All our information has been written by our medical team of health professionals and our website is RCM accredited for professionals.
Our vision statement is: “to be the UK’s leading charity providing information to expectant mothers and their health care professionals, to promote positive pregnancies resulting in the safe delivery of healthy babies”.
We implement a person-centred approach whereby mums and babies are at the heart of all we do. We provide information in a format and language mums can relate to and fully understand, enabling them to make informed decisions and judgements to have as much control over their pregnancy as possible.
Our mission is to reduce stillbirth and neonatal deaths in the UK by:
- Raising awareness of baby loss.
- Empowering parents with vital knowledge and education on health in pregnancy and when to call their maternity team for advice.
- Supporting healthcare professionals by keeping them up to date with the latest practices, guidelines and research to provide consistent maternity care.
We are making a difference by influencing the decisions of future maternity care by being part of the following maternity projects:
- NHS England Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle
- NHS National Maternity Services Review
- Department of Health and Sands Public Health Messaging
- Stillbirth Priority Setting Partnership
- Sheila Kitzinger Birth Choice Study Group
- NHS England Wellbeing Wallet Pilot
- NHS Health Expo 2015 Maternity Workshop
We welcome your feedback and value your support. Please contact us with any suggestions you may have:
07917 162 306
We are a relatively new charity in need of funding to keep MAMA Academy running. Any donation you can give us will be very gratefully received. Donations can be made via our home page and My Donate will claim Gift Aid for us. If you would like to organise a fundraising event, please contact us as we are full of ideas and would love to help promote your event!